Tuesday 15 March 2011

My name is Lily and I am...

...Technophobic.

There. I said it. I really hate technology. Particularly technology that's new to me. Like, you show me a new website I have to work out and I will stare at it in confusion for a few minutes, start to get that dizzy panic feeling, stop breathing briefly and then close the page. Sort of like if you give your Nan a Blackberry and ask her to call you.

This is, of course, one of the reasons I can end up being fairly uncommunicative in general. I deal with human contact fairly well, but once I have to deal with technology I struggle. Facebook makes me want to cry, quite often, and when I first tried to blog the dashboard made my heart stop. Practise makes perfect though, and so far I've quite enjoyed working out how things happen on here.

I think the whole technology-based-panic-attack-thing may well be linked to my aversion to change. Or my general struggle to keep up with life- overwhelming piles of 'stuff to do' are not helped by all those nasty red notifications telling me there's more stuff I havn't yet done.

I'm not sure how much this information is interesting, bit it does explain why I've chosen to over-blog for this month or so. I'm hoping to break the habit of a life-time and no longer panic at the computor. So far so good...

SIDENOTE: My hair is now about 2 shades darker and a tiny bit redder than it was yesterday. Also, have some pretty pictures of campus...





And a selection of ice-cream from the Co-op which seems to be a little heart-broken...

No comments:

Post a Comment